Nowadays, most of the people are committed to their work. They are scheduled for a particular routine, giving extra effort to get the job done and give their full commitment to the task. But today, after the Covid-19 pandemic spread throughout the world, it created a need to have alternative work for the maximum population. People now realize the importance of having another job to support their funding.
Before the pandemic, many companies and agencies were providing alternate work. The result was unfortunate as the maximum of the population was not interested in doing an alternative job. They were not sure whether to go for it or not.
We are in great need of options for alternate work, not theoretically but practically in our lives. Here are some points for doing alternate work:
- GET REAL – To establish a successful alternate work, you should look around, have conversations with your colleagues, and consult the HR to look for barriers and acceptance.
- Keep in mind the essential points like what people think of alternate work? How do they get promotions? Do they have any sponsor or they have to make investments of their own?
- What type of alternate workplaces is acceptable? Are they the big diners or from anywhere?
- MAKE IT WORTHWHILE – Build on the area of acceptance and must overcome all the barriers. It can be done by:
- Value Proposition – The person should be aware of the revenue, profit, and efficiency and connect it to your proposal.
- Talk about outcomes ignoring the Hours – The person should motivate the person working for him about the results and not pressurize them to complete the work at a particular time. Time should be as per the convenience of all.
- Protect what you hope to gain – The person should give time to the work accordingly. A person should not exaggerate himself/herself while doing the work.
- Make it reasonable – Avoid saying that alternate work is wrong. Do not apologize to your employees unnecessarily. In turn, compensate for your fault. E.g., if you were late on someday, say, “I am not available on Monday, but I will be free on Tuesday, will that be ok.”
- Push for career support – The person can seek help from senior-level mentors to create goals that boost the company’s revenue and decrease the workload. Before discussion with the mentors, make the decision-makers see that you are interested in high-quality leadership.
- GENDER EQUALITY – In today’s lives, the men must do the outside job, and women must stay at home looking after the things. Make the alternative work reachable to those sectors also. Before assigning a task to those women, the workload should be kept in mind as they have to look after the house.
- MAKE YOUR GROUND – If you cannot get the support you need from the present company you are working, it will re-locate your work. You must inform the company why you are leaving.