People think that an office is a place where a group of people sits together and chases the Boss’ targets assigned to them. But, an office has an entirely different definition. An office is a place where people look out for the Projects, Production, and Market accessibility. Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, there is a constant evolution in an office’s productivity and problem-solving sectors.
Many personnel looking for the tech industry’s well being are continually in conversation with dozens of companies like PepsiCo, Google, Amazon, and Oracle. The High Authorities of these companies are also showing their interest in understanding the steps that they should implement to change the future of offices in the Covid-19 Pandemic.
THEORY OF SHIFTS
The personnel is saying that “There are three types of shifts that have occurred since 1998.
- The first happened in the late 90s were Silicon Valley incumbents were competing among each other to unlock innovation called the internet. The workspace shifted in terms of both physical design and also introduced new digital work tools. It happened after a few years of the shift.
- The next significant shift occurred with the discovery of mobile technology. The innovation was at its full potential after the 2008 financial crisis due to which maximum workload and workspace shifted to mobile tools. This shifting made the workspace more compact and easy to use for the users.
- The last and most recent shift was the introduction of Artificial Intelligence. This introduction to machine-based intelligence reduced the workspace from physical to more of a digital world. This introduction has made humans more dependable to the machines. These machines can solve much more complex problems than those of the human mind.
RESULT OF THE SHIFTS
- The organizations will make a workspace where the leaders can make decisions related to the course and its complexity. There will be a massive dependency on the machines for executing this type of space.
- Another type of change is the use of a new and young workforce. It is a type of specialized learning where new methods are adapted to cope with the pandemic. This change will lead to the absorption of new knowledge and will prepare the offices for their survival.
STRATEGIES TO ADAPT THE SHIFTS
- Adapting new knowledge and specialized ways to absorb and utilize that knowledge to meet the changing context, which is critical for the offices’ survival.
- This will increase the offices’ overall productivity and create new and innovative ideas that will provide the offices’ productivity and survival to ensure a collision between the people and the offices.
THE BIG QUESTION: WHAT IS AN OFFICE FOR?
There are two ways of answering that question. One is the physical aspect, and another is the culture and core values of an organization. When people get answers to these questions, they will surely know what an office is for.